Tuesday, August 24, 2010

OBDII Bluetooth for Android Phones




Here are some updated details on OBDII  port tools and software that will allow you to receive car diagnostic information on your Windows PC and Android phone.

I've found cheaper Bluetooth OBDII adapters at around $40 but this one is only $65 and looks to only be about an inch tall vs the cheaper versions that look to be about 4 inches tall.  The way that my OBDII port is located and angled I doubt that the bigger ones would fit and not be in the way when I'm getting in and out of my car, just something to keep in mind for others that are considering one of these systems.

So far it looks like Torque is the best software with the most features that is actually out.  I'll be ordering up my OBDII Bluetooth Module this week and will post up some more information on these products one I can get to testing them.


OBDII Bluetooth Module $64.99












Torque Android Application $3.99 or Free

Free w/ Ad's or about $4 for the paid non-ad version.

Main Product Page w/ Screen Shots

Video for Torque OBD 2 Engine Diagnostics Application for Android
QR Code to scan w/ your phone so you can d/l directly



alOBD Android Application Free?

App works with ELM Bluetooth device connecting to car’s OBDII Port.

Download the App here

Product Home Page






OBDroid $2.99

App from malcom2073 at MP3Car.com

Download the App here









GTOSoft

Another Android option for software but seems to be much further behind in development then the other options listed.  Keep up to date on new versions of the product below.